Saturday, March 15, 2014

Kaleidoscope Me

by Hillary K. Grigonis
Pages: 162
Format: Paperback
Year pub: 2014
Publisher: Pixel Press & Photo LLC
First lines:
5:30 P.M.

"Dad, she's lost it again." I nervously wrapped a section of red hair around my finger, a letter clutched in my other hand, the phone wedged between my shoulder and my ear.

I heard him pull the phone away and yell something to the noise in the background. I stopped pacing just long enough to take another glance out the window, fingers twirling my hair even faster. The rush of white outside made me sympathize with the plastic snowman inside my favor snow globe that my brother thew down the stairs when he was two. The horizontal lines of snow turned my stomach in knots, like the globe would split open soon and all the glittery white would just come to a stop. 
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GRIGONIS FOR LETTING ME READ HER BOOK FOR FREE IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. NONE OF THAT CHANGES ANY OF MY OPINIONS AT ALL. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm…

Kaleidoscope Me starts out pretty confusing. You get this girl and she's frantic because she can't find her Great-aunt or brother. And...basically that's what it's mainly about.

Jadyn is our main character. And since most of the book is told through flashbacks you get to see all these sides of hers. Somehow I felt no sympathy for her at all. I tried really hard to, but I couldn't.

The thing was, you don't really understand what the heck is happening until you read on. Some parts I really saw no use for the flashbacks at all. Maybe it was supposed to add more depth, but the whole story lacked in excitement as well more showing then telling.

The book itself was an easy read, but it wasnt exciting. I think though, Grigonis has much more improving to. But when she writes another book soon, its going to come out gorgeous.


My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed the words 'First Lines' so I got to the end of that box and thought, 'What a bizarre blurb.' Hahaha.

    This was an interesting review, although I don't think this book is for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha sorry about that! Maybe I should make the font bigger?

      It's a light book to give for a go, but hey some books aren't just for some readers, right?

      Delete
  2. Honestly nowadays I feel like most in most books you realllly got to read in before you understand what's going on, which is sometimes frustrating. Haha I can completely understand why this one would be confusing. Not the book for mee. Nice that it's only 170 pages though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I mean maybe that's one way for us to keep reading but i don't know. Maybe started it with a POW! and it'll be more enjoyable, yes?

      I think she couldn't have made it longer because it only takes so much time for someone to find someone. :/

      Delete
  3. Yay, you're back! I missed seeing you around the blogosphere. I've never heard of this one before. It sounds like a lot to have to pay attention to when reading.

    P.S. Yes, The Killing Woods is by the author of Stolen. You should definitely read both if you haven't read Stolen already. Stolen is amazingggggggggg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yeah I keep coming and disappearing, sorry! ;O;

      Delete
  4. DELANEY! MISSED YOU MISSES YOU MISSED YOUUUUUUU! <3333

    Okay, now that I've finally told you I miss you, let's talk about the review. Wonderful review, hun! Sorry to hear that this book is a disappointment. The first line seems pretty confusing for me. I hope you're currently reading better book though! :)

    Thank you for sharing with us your honest thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH LOVE YOU SO MUCH HILDA! <333 YOUR COMMENTS ALWAYS BRIGHTEN MY DAYS! ^^

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^