Saturday, November 16, 2013

Book to Movie: It's Kind of a Funny Story

BOOK          |          MOVIE

It's starts off with Craig having a dream of himself throwing off the Brooklyn bridge. And with those thoughts still in his head, he bikes to the nearest hospital then checking into 3 North, the adult physiatrics hospital where he learns what to do with his life.

Okay, Keir Gilchrist as Craig was a pretty bad set back. I did not imagine Craig to look like that. But even though I was very discouraged, after a while, his acting compared to how he looked fit the role of Craig much more. Emma Roberts was a good picture of how I pictured Noelle to look like and she fit the role very much--so I am happy.

It felt that there were so many holes in the storyline. Like if you haven't read the book, lots of things will feel unexplained to you. Which I did not like about the movie. There were lots of missed parts (which I knew was going to happen) but still!--If you are going to change up the story, make it so that it makes sense!

Though the cinematography was okay the soundtrack MIND=BLOWN. I loved all the music played and some of the music compared to what they were doing enhanced the humor. (THUMBS UP FOR HUMOR!) And I always love me some good movie soundtracks. ^^

SIMILARITIES:
  • the main plot
  • Craig's personality
  • the ending <3
  • how I imagined characters to look like:
    • Noelle
    • Jimmy
    • Muqtada
    • Dr. Mahmoud 
    • Dr. Minerva
  • BRAIN MAPS
DIFFERENCES:
  • 3 North
  • Bobby is chubby 
  • Bobby was more of a secondary focus
  • asking Noelle out
  • he can sing 
RESULTS:
  • Book or movie? 
    • BOOK. 
My Rating:
MY BOOK REVIEW

13 comments:

  1. I will pass on this movie then! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if ever you are bored, you should just give it a go. ^^

      Delete
  2. I think I'll watch the movie first and read the book later. I just have more time for a movie since idk.. JUST BECAUSE I NEED MORE MOVIES RIGHT NOW.. I already have so many books I need to read (hence my super gigantic haul post coming tmrw). I'm going to rent this movie some time and watch it. I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you feeling! I feel like watching so many movies right now! I am using my laptop so much for watching anime and movies now. XD YES. Watch it and tell me what you think, Ariella! ^^

      Delete
  3. I didn't know there was a movie for this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me either until I looked it up after someone saying there was and whoop!--there it was! XD

      Delete
  4. Hm, I have yet to read this, but I think I'll start with the book :) I kinda want to check the soundtrack out though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is much better too. ^^ Oh I posted Shuffle Satuday with a soundtrack music for it this week. The soundtrack is the best. ^^

      Delete
  5. I think I'll not go out of my way to watch this one, afterall, despite being semi-interested in it. The trailer doesn't make me overly desirous to see it, nor does your review, so I think I will let it slide.
    I do still want to read the book, though, so hopefully I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. I was a little iffy of the movie, though I really enjoyed the humor but apart from that it was an okay movie.

      Yes go read the book! It is much better. I hope you do enjoy it. ^^

      Delete
  6. Hey, Delaney! Long time no see.:D

    I hate when movies are like that. It always seems so hard for other people to know what's going and it's why I'm a firm believer in read-before-I-see-it. I haven't seen the movie nor have I read the book. I've heard it was good though! Great post.:) Hope you are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAAAH!!! <3 YOU NEED TO POST MORE SO I CAN VISIT YOUR LOVELY BLOG! <3

      That is very true. But I like seeing what they would do and make it make sense without the help of the book. I hope you give it a go some day though, Sarah.

      But yes, I am doing very well. Thanksgiving Break whoop whoop! XD

      Delete
  7. Sorry I don’t like reading so I can’t read your book but I will watch this movie for sure, because I love watching movies and will suggest you some of the best funny movies hope you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^