- SPUNKY & QUIRKY!
- TOTALLY OUT OF THIS WORLD!
- that's why you need world-building, of course!
- DOESN'T THROW NUCLEAR-INFOS EVERYWHERE!
- don't do it (author's name), don't do it.
Building Blocks of World-building:
- has their own system
- their own order of society
- their own VOCABULARY!
- spunky & quirky?
- oh, yes
- how the people act
- their words and actions matter!
I will tell this over and over...DON'T THROW INFO EVERYWHERE!:
- I am in a spa, now soothe me into the story
- I am a hobo, so throw me into the story
- Don't just give me information and let it sit there
- like a sack of potatoes
- that I am
- Let me discover something myself, Sherlock
What Usually Happens:
- the world has no substance and places lack of role
- which maybe might not be a pest for you
- but it is for me
- there is nothing really interesting about it
- MAKE me want to go there
- repeat, I'm a hobo, throw me somewhere I WANT to go
- NUCLEAR OF INFORMARTIONS
- maybe that's why I'm a dystopian hater
- unless "(fill in Dr. Suess quote)"
- the characters get a little rebellious
- which is fine, if it wasn't so overused in the same fashion
Alright, I'm no hater, but some things just never change.