Friday, April 19, 2013

Manga: Karneval

Karneval
by Touya Mikanagi
Genres: Action, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi
Others: anime [link]
The main character, Nai, searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization - "Circus".
First off, LOOK AT DAT ART:
* _ * mind still blown
NAI
Art rating: GAGGILION. 

GAREKI <3
The Awesome-ness fest has begun.

The manga story follows Nai in which he is looking for someone named Karoku but also there is this other side weaved into it involving Circus. An organization out to capture/wipe out criminals. But they don't just kill any kind of criminals, they hunt down Varugas.

TSUKUMO
YOGI
There are lots of bad-ass characters, but each are very distinct so it's easy to know who is who. To name my favorites, there is Nai, who is a very naive and innocent boy, who has special sense of hearing. There is Gareki who has a very harsh past and doesn't trust people that easily so he is very solitude, but he's actually a softy on the inside. C : There is Yogi who is a very childish guy who works in Circus. And there is Tsukumo, what else but a very bad-ass girl. XD

I absolutely adored the story line. The story line is very hard to explain just because lots of things happen and it's still ongoing so I can't say much, but there are so many twists and turns and epic fight scenes and adorable creatures... Just look at this:
They are robot cleaning thingies.
ME WANTZ. * _ *

EURGH, SO GOOD!
READ THIS FABULOUS CREATION. [manga scans link]



My Rating:

13 comments:

  1. O_O The art.... *dies because of the awesome* This book has been popping up everywhere I go on the internet now... It's like God is trying to tell me to read it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *still mind-blowned* (It still amazes me with it's art. * _ *) GO READ THIS LOTTIE!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Okay seriously, people who can draw like that need to share the talent. Ugh, so amazing. I've never heard of this one but I'm for sure adding it to Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly and sometimes I wonder how they aren't more famous! DX YOU SHOULD WEAD THIS, IT'S GOOD.

      Delete
  3. Ooh.. This manga looks so interesting.. I WANT.. Definitely picking it up.. Thanks for sharing, Delaney! Btw, the art is so AWESOME!!!

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely. Just, ugh!--amazing stuff.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, this looks really interesting! I'm super keen to find more Graphic novels that I like but am finding it extremely difficult, and I'm definitely going to look up this one! This is a great review, Delaney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely dive more into graphic novels, it surprises me sometimes how attached I get to the characters and how gorgeous they portray each characters actions and words. Definitely pick this up, Romi!

      Delete
  5. Omg! I loooooove Karneval! Can't wait for more episodes! :D The art is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw: Love your new blog, your blog title is awesome x) and the design are so cute :D

      Delete
    2. OMGOMGOMGOMG....YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!

      Yes, I can't wait either, I think I might stay low until the finish because then I have to wait for the next episode.

      Awww, thanks, had a major makeover while you were gone. XD

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^