Monday, April 8, 2013

Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle #1)

by Diana Wynne Jones
Pages: 429
Format: Paperback
Year pub: 2008
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Sophie has the great misfortune of being the eldest of three daughters, destined to fail miserably should she ever leave home to seek her fate. But when she unwittingly attracts the ire of the Witch of the Waste, Sophie finds herself under a horrid spell that transforms her into an old lady. Her only chance at breaking it lies in the ever-moving castle in the hills: the Wizard Howl's castle. To untangle the enchantment, Sophie must handle the heartless Howl, strike a bargain with a fire demon, and meet the Witch of the Waste head-on. Along the way, she discovers that there's far more to Howl—and herself—than first meets the eye.
D'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~

I NEED TO START BEING ALLERGIC TO CUTENESS!!! CUTENESS KILLS ME!!!!

Do I need to say how much I love this book? Do I? Cause you all know how much I love the movie? I LOVE THE BOOK EVEN MORE! I just, gosh, IT'S SO AMAZING! Adorableness meter: 300% . Adorableness overload/Over capacity. > /////// <

Howl's Moving Castle lands in a place called Ingary. A magical place that have witches and wizards and apprenticeship and seven-league boots and talking animals. And catching stars is like picking fruit from the store. And the power of words. Where Wizards eating women's hearts was the main talk of the days. Where turning from a 17 year old girl to a 90 year old women was a natural disaster. Where there is Howl's Moving Castle.

Sophie Hatter is so feisty and the fact that she is old just makes her that much more enjoyable to read from. She kicks cookie-baking grandmas in their booties. I couldn't ask for a better main character! As well as there is Howl. Hrmm, hrmm. Me gusta! Lots of gusta! I'm just going to describe him in a phrase: Drama Queen Howl. XD

I can't tell you how amazing this book is. And the fact that you would take my word for it, because I just love it. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

I want to pick up the second one, even if it doesn't feature Howl and Sophie as main characters, I heard they get a cameo! Sophie and Howl are just meant to be together.<33333



My Rating:

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goshh I have no words for this book.

    Actually that's a lie, I have two.

    Pure. Awesome.

    That's all I have to say. Great review! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I would say the same...I just had to vent out all all the fangirling ounce in me. XD
      Thanks for reading my review, Ruby! ^^

      Delete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite books, I adored it as a kid. Now I want to just sit and read it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this book is still loved. <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ^^ I wish I could have read a review by you for this book! But i bet you read it way back when.
      C:

      Delete
  4. So happy to read your review! I've read the whole series and Sophie and Howl make appearances (towards the end) of each book, though more heavily in the third. I like this book most and my second favourite would be House of Many Ways, the final book; I really like Castle in the Sky, but found it quite a bit slower going. Hope you enjoy the other books! You've got to read them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been ages from since I finished this book to now, finally posting a review. DX YAY! I somehow love first books the most, mostly. I really want to give Castle in the Sky a shot and after House of Many Way! I hope I enjoy them as much as you did. :D

      Delete
  5. Woah this looks like such an awesome, lovely book! I can tell you really enjoyed it, Delaney!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go read this awesomely-amazingly-AFDLAJKAJF book! It's good for you! :D

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^