Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Speechless

by Hannah Harrington
Pages: 288
Format: Paperback (but has flappy thingies)
Year pub: 2012
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Saying she’s sorry isn’t enough.
Chelsea Knot is my hero.

Pure awesomeness, it feeds the nerdy side in me. KALDFJALKJFAKLJD <33333 I am kinda still mind-blowned right now that it's finished but--just wait a moment--...............Okay, now I'm ready to write this review.

***GUSH ZONE AHEAD***

Chelsea Knot can't keep secrets. She's always spreading rumors and gossip about other people. That is, until she faces a secret that she shouldn't have told anyone and that decision changes her life. Thinking through her actions, she realizes that she has done something and you know what she does? She goes through a Vow of Silence. And that Vow of Silence, is what makes Chelsea my hero.

At first I was thinking, "Meh, this is just another story of a popular girl then landing down in the low-lives, but I'll give this a go". But no, even though Chelsea was a "popular girl", she still knew what's right from wrong. And when the whole world was just smashing down their bull on her, she was like, "I am not going to cry, I am strong and I will suck it up". She's witty and even though she doesn't speak, her thoughts in her head were just amazing and so entertaining yet touching. I was just applauding her. She still needs applauding. She needs a standing novation! She just doesn't stick back and feel guilt eating her, she goes and says something.

Pretty bad-ass.

And did you see Sam? * _ * He's nerdy, awkward, sweet, reads, funny, adorable, blushes(!!!)... He is my ideal crush. > ///// < Where are all the Sam(s) in real life?
TT _ TT

Gosh this book is so so so so sososososososososososossoosososososo--what word should I use for my reaction on this book? Oh, I got it.

I'm Speechless.



My Rating:

22 comments:

  1. Where ARE all the Sams in real life??? I'd certainly love to meet one!

    I really liked this book because even though there was the whole high school clique stereotype, Hannah Harrington still made it a really refreshing and riveting read.

    Have you the author's debut, Saving June??? I think I like that one just a smidge more than Speechless. You should definitely add it to the list of things you NEED to read (right after Cinder) I'd love to hear what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TT ^ TT I know right...Where are they??? DDDX This book is refreshing and thoroughly amazing-sauce! Right after reading this book I wondered why I HAVEN'T read Saving June! Seriously! Saving June seems so amazing as well! Oh...and Cinder...ehmm, yeah. *guilt*

      Delete
    2. AHEM. Yes. Saving June and Cinder. I swear I will hound you forever until you read them. Oh, and the Infernal Devices series.
      Just imagine me as the little devil on your shoulder whisper-yelling at you to read them. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh gosh, I can already feel the little devil of miniature you. O _ O I'm scared. *heading towards a near by bookstore in a zombie fashion*

      Delete
  2. I was looking at this one in the bookstore the other day. I love the simplistic, embossed cover! This is honestly the first review I've read of the book, and had no clue what it was about. With all this gushing it's impossible not to add it to my TBR =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is amazing! Whoever thought of this cover either was too lazy or was too brilliant. XD You should definitely give it a shot because I definitely hope you would enjoy it as much as I did. C:

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this review, Delaney! So glad that you loved this book as much as I did! I am still fangirling over this book even though I read it two months ago :P
    "I'm speechless."
    I see see what you did there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *FANGIRL* You and me have such similar taste!!!! > _ < And don't even mention about Sam...;D Oh aren't I so clever for putting that there! XD Geez, you make me sound so smart, Lottie! XD

      Delete
  4. I loved her other book...whatsitcalled... Saving June! So I expect this will be just as good! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your last line of your review :P It's meaningful yet humorous! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read her book Saving June while you should read this book of hers! Because Speechless was terrific so I bet Saving June was amazing. :D Well, that last line of mine was just a little touch so close up the review, I didn't even realize it was funny! XD

      Thank you for reading my review! ^^

      Delete
  5. I want to read this one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic review Delaney! It seems like such a piece of art, and the cover is so humble and simplistic!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading this jumble of gushing review, Grace! ^^ The cover, even though it's VERY simple I feel like it matches the book very much. Hey, and it's pretty! ^ _ ^'

      Delete
  7. So, so, so glad you loved Speechless! It's one of my fave reads from last year! I loved Sam, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely amazing! And Sam was > //// < .
      XD Thanks for reading my review!

      Delete
  8. I loved this book too! I have it on my nook but I love it so much that I want to buy a physical copy. I wish I knew where all the Sams were hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know that feeling, though I don't read anything digital. XD If you do find where all the Sama are hiding, please tell me. C :

      Delete
  9. Wow, I loved reading your review and am so very happy that you liked this book so much! I don't have plans to read it myself, and either way the plot doesn't really sound like my thing, but I loved your review and am thrilled you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo, you should definitely give it a shot. It might seem like a book which is cliche, but this book was way more amazing than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  10. Oooh this book is on my TBR list, glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^