Friday, March 22, 2013

Poetry Corner #1

A meme over at The Perks of Being a Bookworm where fabulously wonderful and super nice Jane shares poems that are absolutely amazing-ness.
Because in English class, poetry unit is coming to a close, I am getting in touch with my inner poet-side-unleash-activate-power-ness...never mind. Let's just move to the poetry so it can speak for itself. ^^

 Fire-Caught
                            by Langston Hughes

                                The gold moth did not love him
                                So, gorgeous, she flew away.
                                But the gray moth circled the flame
                                Until the break of day.
                                And then, with wings like a dead desire,
                                She fell, fire-caught, into the flame. 


P.S.Next week...I'LL OVERLOAD YOU WITH REVIEWS! >:D....maybe.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!
    I've read a couple of poems by Langston Hughes but this one is new to me. Thanks for sharing, Delaney! I just might have to start doing this meme too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I adore Langston Hughes' poem. They just have a very nice feel to them all. You should definitely do this meme but please link to Jane's blog because she started it all. ^^

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I LOVE this. I'm usually not one for poems, the ones I like are always short :p I find myself losing interest if the poem is longer than a page. Oh well! Seriously love this poem, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! Long ways just defuse the beauty though some long ones are still gorgeous. ^^ Langston Hughes is amazing. <3

      Delete
  3. I love Langston Hughes poems, they are amazing and this is an example of that! Thanks for doing a feature from my blog it means a lot! My poetry class at my school inspired my to start doing them, so I hope you really enjoy doing poetry in your English class!
    -Jane :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhmm, I agree! His poems are definitely amazing. I really enjoyed the poetry unit because we all got to write out our poems and she would make us share them and it felt like I got to know my classmates a little more. ^^

      Delete
  4. I usually don't like people on the cover but I like this one:-)

    It sounds very interesting! I would not buy it but if I see the book in the library I will definitely grab it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I think you commented on the wrong post...) But you should definitely read Saving Francesca, judging from your pickiness, I think library is a good choice. C:

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^