Monday, March 4, 2013

Book to Movie: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

BOOK         |       MOVIE

Alright, so I might have been upset about the movie. I was disappointed, actually. From all the raves of my friends that saying "It's my new favorite movie!" I was expecting....EPICNESS. 

From the beginning the movie starts off with the Charlie and his first letter to a "friend". I liked how it was totally different from how the book went. I don't mind if a book to movie adaptation is different but still similar because all that matters is if it works. But, since it's a movie, you don't actually get that whole feel of things taken from the book. It's like they wanted to capture that feeling from the book, but couldn't.

But the casting was pretty close. Logan Lerman  as Charlie? Perfect. He was innocent and still had those raw emotions, though Charlie in the book was an emotional person throughout the whole way, in the movie, he was somewhat normal. Emma Watson as Sam was also pretty fit for the role. And Ezra Miller as Patrick (Nothing). XD Geez, he literally made the movie so much better.

Mr. Callahan: [Mr. Callahan looks at Patrick's terrible attempt at the Shop class term project] You've gotta be kidding me.  
Patrick: Remember, if you fail me you get me again next semester.

But somethings did work and were filmed beautifully. Those parts where they were in the tunnel. Those, those had that feeling I was looking for.

"And in this moment I swear, we are infinite."


My Rating:

15 comments:

  1. I need to read this book and see this movie! I am sorry to hear it disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the book but maybe the movie won't be for you.

      Delete
  2. Great to read your thoughts on this! I would probably enjoy reading the book more than the movie then. I know I'm also late to the party here, but I love the new look and name of your blog! Definitely nerds unite! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the book was really good! You should definitely read it because I love it so got and do yourself a favor and go read it and love it--or not--I don't know. XD

      P.S. Thank you! > _ <

      Delete
  3. OMG.. CUTE RATING GRAPHICS :D Anyways, I didn't finish reading the book since you told me to. It just.. disturbed me on so many different levels. So I just left it DNFed.. I'M SORRY I COULDN'T FINISH READING ITS EPICNESS..

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Ariella. C : NOOOOO HOW DARE???? TT _ TT I hope guilt is eating at you. JK! XD

      Delete
  4. I haven't read/seen the Perks yet :p I am afraid my feelings will be very similar to yours, the story just doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. I want to see what all the hype is about though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it! I think it will suit your taste very much! I hope you give it a shot, though! ^^

      Delete
  5. Yes yes! Logan Lerman was perfect :) And ahhhhhh, Delaney!!! Your new blog design is adorable, I love it! <333 The specs are just too cute and the new URL totally fits :D (I'm adding it to my bookmarks again)

    Awesome review as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't he? He was the perfect Charlie. And, thank yooooouuuu!!!!! <3333 I love the new design and rating too. > //// <

      Haha, oh Sel, you make me blush, I don't write that good of reviews! XD

      Delete
    2. Yes!!! He was totally different from Percy (in the Percy Jackson movie) and I thought he was adorable and awkward in PERKS :)

      You should be so proud of yourself for coming up with this design! :D

      Haha, and yes you do write awesome reviews *grins* >:)

      Delete
  6. HA! That line from Patrick MADE the movie for me! The film was beautiful, but I did end up preferring the book. Random question but did you see some of the deleted scenes? I really wish they'd kept in the abortion scene! It was such a great moment between Charlie and his sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Though most people preferred the book and movie, I loved the book more. ^^ I think I did see some deleted scenes from the trailer. I was so mad they didn't put "Passive. Aggressive!" when Patrick says he loves football. DX I did not see the abortion scene, though, but it would have made the connection between Charlie and his sister a little more special. ^^

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen this movie for exactly that reason: I'm afraid it will disappointed! I love this book a lot, and I have issues with movie adaptations pretty much 99% of the time ;) But I'm glad the casting was great, and that line from Patrick was GREAT haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was so good! *___* <3 But I still think you should see what you would think. Cause even though the adaption was terrible for me, Patrick made it better and maybe you would think otherwise. ^^

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^