Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Void (Hex #1-3)

by Rhiannon Lassiter
Pages: 669
Format: Paperback
Year pub: 2011 (original 1998, 1999, 2000)
Publisher: Simon Pulse
TO SURVIVE, THEY MUST WORK TOGETHER.

Raven is a Hex--a rare genetic hybrid of technology and humanity. She has managed to survive undetected by the CPS, a secret government agency whose sole purpose is to exterminate her kind. And for her, survival means working alone.

Wraith is her brother. He is street savvy and has the right moves to navigate the city's dark side. And he has a mission--to find their lost sister, who might also be a Hex.

Wraith convinces Raven to join him, and in search they uncover more than they bargained for. Together, they realize that there is more at stake than finding their sister.

They must defeat the CPS. Or die.
That ending. * _ * Oh, geez, my heart is getting fractured way to many times with these kind of endings.

Void is set in the futuristic-y-dystopian-y-sci-fi-y world. This world is set with lots of electronics and there is a special class of people called Hex. Hexes are people who have strange connection to the net and are easily concealed as hackers instead. Then there is the antagonists. There are the CPS who are out to exterminate any Hex out there.

The story starts as Wraith and his sister Raven are out to find their sister. But, that isn't all to fill up three books (in one! Only for $9.99!). There is also, taking down CPS and having the justice that all the Hexes deserve.

There are quite a lot of characters but the most important one is Raven. She's a Hex and super skilled as well. In the beginning she's not a very likable character, it figures, she isn't, but as the story progresses, she kind of defrosts her icy layer bit by bit and even though in the end, I felt she was still somewhat of a mystery.

Though, somethings I felt a little redundant and some scenes were just there to fill up until the end (where there was pows of endings). I loved the futuristic world Lassiter creates and what the characters came to be in the end.

Nothing's a void.


Individual mini reviews
My Rating:

17 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! It got me at line 1: Raven is a Hex--a rare genetic hybrid of technology and humanity. I absolutely adore anything with tech in it so I'm definitely gonna pick this up! Love your review, Delaney!!! :)

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sheesh this book was partly written in the 90s! Makes it feel like it was written in the Stone Ages XD
    Anyways, great review Delaney! The premise looks really interesting!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ariella : It is awesome! For those techie lovers, yes, it's a win.

      @Grace : I know right! And the remodeled bind-up cover makes it looks published this year! But the idea is still fresh and original and nothing beats original. : D

      Delete
  3. I'm nominating you for the Liebster blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a thrilling dystopian! I like the sound of this futuristic world :)

    Great review!

    Sel @ Bookcase to Heaven™

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first I've heard of these, but they sound good! I'm always up for the fast paced futuristic type, as long as it's done well! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady, I nominated you for the Liebster award. You can find out about it more on my blog. Since I'm on my phone I can't post up the link for that post but its easy find, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Giulia : Thank you! ^^

      @Sel : Yes, it is pretty thrilling! And the world she builds it's pretty epic. : D

      @Taylor : Thank you for reading the review, I hope you pick it up, it's pretty good. ^^

      @Jessica : Thanks for the nominate!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a cool book :D The cover looks amazing!!

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the cover too! Don't know about futuristic plot but why not ?
    Great review!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this series does sound fantastic Delaney, especially if you were able to read all three books really quickly. Did the books end on cliffhangers? Because I can't deal with those endings either! So glad you enjoyed this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one, but it looks great. Glad you enjoyed.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dannielle : It's pretty epic.

      @Lucie : I wasn't so sure about dystopian type books, but this one is definitely not similar to the books published now.

      @Jasprit : I did read them pretty quickly! I think maybe because I made room in my schedule to read them. XD The end of the book didn't really have cliffhangers but it was foreshadowing, get me? Or maybe i just can't recognize them. XD

      @Brandi : You should definitely check it out! > v <

      Delete
  11. "Void is set in the futuristic-y-dystopian-y-sci-fi-y world."
    Do I have any more reason to read this book? XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dystopian books, need to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey(:

    Beach Kissed YA Books(my blog), has passed on the Liebster Blog Award to you as one of my favorite new blogs that deserves to be noticed.

    Please visit this link if you'd like to participate:
    http://beachkissedyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lottie : Haha, sorry, I just couldn't explain it properly. XD

      @Alisa : I haven't read much of dystopian books (and what I have I hated except for this one), but I hope you give it a try! ^^

      @Haley : Hey! :D

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^