Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Manga: Bleach

Bleach
by Tite Kubo
Status: ONGOING!!!!
Others: ze anime. (to watch soon)
Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper —a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper—from another Soul Reaper, Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife. What the Bleach manga attracted us is not the novel lot, but the interpretation about the fate of Ichigo Kurosaki, a young who stay with the sad memories. The Bleach tried to outline the story out with a lot of memories and dialogues, slowly but implicative.
This is how it went for me: AMAZING, MIND-BLOWNED, ehh, OH MY GOSH!, hmm, now it's just dragging, WHY DID IT STOP AT THE GOOD PART!!! NEXT CHAPTER NOW!

It starts off with Ichigo, he can see ghosts and spirits and he just accepts the fact that he can see them. Then there is this strange fighting with this girl, Rukia, a Shinigami, with a monster named a Hollow that you will later learn of. Ichigo and his family gets caught into the fight, but when Rukia gets too injured, she transfers her powers to him so he can save both of them. From that start, he is a Shinigami substitute and along those comes epic battles, crazy enemies, and so much more.

Ichigo was very admirable, character growing continuously. He always just wanted to protect his friends and for not any of the people he cherished to get injured in any way. There's also Rukia who I love, because she's so awesome and whenever she's in the picture, I loved it. 

What I loved was that each character had a different personality and didn't look the same, which irritates the hell out me when I don't know who is who. 

Even though there were many parts that I was like "it could've ended there..." or "why is still ongoing?" but either Kubo wants more money, or he's actually leading to something, because there are still many unanswered questions indeed. 

I really enjoyed Bleach! Thank you Jane for recommending this manga to me! ^^



My Rating:


***WARNING! THIS MANGA HAS A LOT 
OF 
VIOLENCE/GORE & LANGUAGE!!!***

8 comments:

  1. Manga isn't something I've been able to get into but this still sounds really interesting to me. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it! Brilliant review, Delaney. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am so glad you read and loved Bleach it is my favourite :D
    It is sad we are opposite you've only read the manga and I have alone watched the anime I NEED to read the manga :D
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah! I NEED to watch the anime!!! DX

      Delete
  3. I used to love the anime, but I started to lose interest in it after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anime and manga but I never liked Bleach... I watched the anime and got bored after a while and when I tried to read the manga I got bored again. This is why I can never dedicate myself to REALLY long manga. Well, I can but only if it is super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read and watch Bleach a lot but around chapter 400 after Aizen is defeated and Ichigo goes back to Karakura everything just seems like a drag and a bit pointless so I kinda stopped reading it... It's really long and it's still ongoing until now. I want to catch up but I guess I'm too lazy xD I'm 100 chapters behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this rating of 5 is just for the first few volumes. After that, I thought there were tons of good places to stop the series, but he kept going! I have given up, you are so dedicated!

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^