Monday, October 29, 2012

The Boy Recession

by Flynn Meaney
Pages: 246
Format: Hardcover
Year pub: 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Boy. Noun.\'boi
   a. a male child from birth to adulthood
   b. a son
   c. a hot commodity in Whitefish Bay,
      Wisconsin

Recession. Noun.\ri-'se-shen\
   a. a period of reduced economic activity
   b. a departing procession
   c. a major problem for the girls of
      Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

THE BOY RECESSION
              It's All About Supply and Demand
GAAAAAHHHHH!!! This book is so super duper cute!!!! > //// < My cheeks and ears are still feeling red from the cuteness!!!!! I love you book. You are my new favorite book of the year. You have picked me up from my mini-depression on Alice in Zombieland. If there is ever a book to pick you out of a mini-depression or for anything, this. IS. THE. ONE!

The Boy Recession, a sudden need of boys at Whitefish Bay and to make matters crazier, all the girls are fighting for boys whether they are slobs, nerds, or totally not their type, girls are in need of supply of BOYS. And it's crazy, it's like Black Friday, but with female and men. It's pretty crazy. And that's what makes this book so much fun!!!! It's is just purely FUN.

There is Hunter in this crazy Boy Recession, who is a very laid-back slacker. And he just doesn't like "lifting his finger" that much because he so lazy. I loved him for his laziness right away! XD And--it gets better!--even though he seems like a slime ball like other guys, he's really a sweet guy. I don't know, he's got charm alright. > __ < I really loved how he grew so much through the whole book. He's pretty awesome.

On the girl's side of things, there is Kelly. She's a very normal girl. She's very nice and she's always the "in-between" in most things personality, but she likes it that way, and I liked her as well. :) She's a band geek for pete's sake! Me and her go waaaay back. ;D

There's other characters that each of their pizazz and I loved all the characters! They're just so much fun. And I seriously have to love Whitefish Bay. I don't know if it's a real place, but it sounds amazing and it has that small town effect. ^ _ ^

Imagine something funny, okay now add with something really fun yeah now times it by 10 or 100. Uh-huh, it's a ball of fun, funniess. Now add a little cherry on top: that's the cuteness, it's the cherry on the top. Add some sprinkles as much as you like desirable and it's just something waiting to be loved.  > //// <


My Rating:

P.S. I <333 the title. XP

8 comments:

  1. You make it sound like it's a really funny book, I'm totally adding it to my TBR!

    I liked your review, it's cute and amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this sounds like such an adorable read, I hate it when I'm in a book slump, so always tend to turn to my favourites, but I think I will definitely have to check this book out next time! Wonderful review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds so cute! I'm heading to the library today, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for this book!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really interesting book. One I really should pick up at some point as it sounds such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great read. Never was interested in it but after your review i am definitely into it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And i forgot to add: I love your Halloween header, especially, the "sparkely vamp reaper" bit.

      Delete
  6. I am dying to read this one! I've heard a LOT of awesome things about it! And your review is soooo tempting me to run to the nearest library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds awesome and cute! ^_^ I love the title, too. Fun review!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^