Monday, August 13, 2012

What Makes me Love a Book like Food/Sleeping

What makes an 'OMG NUTELLA!' of a story :
  • the story has to be different
    • why bother reading a story that is similar to most?
    • it also has to be interesting to start with
  • the characters have to AWESOME
    • main and secondary people totally rule the World of Literature!!!!
    • that speaks for itself
  • make me win it over
    • please, take me! 
    • take me!
      • and without any worries
Narrations that are wonderful :
  • different
  • original/fresh
  • steady pace
  • works with the story
    • ding! ding! Obviously! 
  • eases in at a fluid rhythm
  • descriptions 
    • it has to fit
    • not too much
      • not too little
  • wonderful dialogue
    • make me love the interaction
Girl traits that totally win me over :
  • bad-ass
  • smart
    • not only kick-ass 
      • but knows her stuff
  • quirky
    • make me love her dialogue
  • can speak for herself
  • stubborn
    • what's the fun without someone stubborn?
  • she learns and grows
    • my baby is all grown up now! XD
Guy traits that are swoon-worthy >/////< :
  • bad-ass
  • laid back
  • nerdy/geeky
    • who wants a cute nerdy tutor.... anyone? 
      • no takes?
        • I'm taking him!!!!
  • messy hair
  • lazy eyes 
    • not like high on drugs lazy eyes
  • blushes!!!
    • nothing wrong with being shy!
    • I think it's cute 
    • makes me love him more 
  • kind 
    • gives his jacket >.< 
    • sometimes gets jealous 
      • kawaii!!!
Secondary traits that make me want them to be main :
  • they're fun
    • the life of the party
      • that could be the one thing that wins me over 
Romance - what I love :
  • it's just a dash for enjoyment
  • it's totally sweet
  • not over the top and takes over the story 
    • big NO NO
  • the couple is wonderful
    • gotta love both 
    • mainly the guy
      • but the girl can be loved too

What is your favorite book and why?
Did you like the format of this post?










12 comments:

  1. Haha, that was awesome. You should totally send that to some authors, as they don't seem to get the memo.

    No, they shouldn't be as boring as a stick. And no, your book SHOULD NOT TRY TO BE A COPY OF THE HUNGER GAMES. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on Delaney!!! Honestly, I couldn't agree more :) And yes, I love the format of the post!! It looks super organized and clean!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really brilliant actually..I could apply that to EVERY book I own that I love! :) Future editor mayhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would be a good one. Hahaha. I would probably end up writing my own. Actually I want to write my own. I sound like an editor? Oh my. XD But thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the post! :)

      Delete
  4. Aww you're just too cute to be true, Delaney! <3 This post totally rocks my Monday! ^w^ I just can't stop giggling when I read this post, and I agree: kickbutt heroine who is also smart is the best! And yeah, being stubborn rocks too! x) And aww... blushes!! <3 KAWAII!!! *fangirling*

    Love your post, Delaney! Kawaii beyond doubt! :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Funny. Like Nutella, eh? I like Nutella but too much of it makes me sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the only thing I could think of! XD Still, i like Nutella. :)

      Delete
  6. Aww I loved this. So many things I was nodding my head and agreeing with. Now whenever I read a book I really really loved I will think of it as an 'OMG Nutella!' story :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things in your breakdown are exactly what I need from a story too. My favorite book? Wow, that's a tough question! How to limit it to only one? On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta comes to mind though. It was freaking awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I agree with you about the swoon-worthy guy part! I love myself a geeky guy, since I'm a geek myself. :P Though I don't think I'll really like a guy who's the life of the party, since that'd mean he'd be popular, and really--isn't that cliched? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agreed with everything I hope you don't mind but can I post this on my blog, I will make sure you receive the credit for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Just remember to give credit. :)

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^