Saturday, August 18, 2012

Waiting to Devour #3

Everyone's doing Stacking the Shelves and so I didn't really get any books so I was like, okay, why not share books people should be wanting to ask for. (Because these are ones, I'm asking for)


Note: Hello! Bad boy and fighting and a Alice retelling! Definitely!
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.

Note: From milk to chocolate! What the f***!
Must see this for myself!
Emmeline Thistle, a dirt-scratcher's daughter, has escaped death twice-first, on the night she was born, and second, on the day her entire village was swept away by flood. Left with nothing and no one, Emmeline discovers her rare and mysterious ability-she can churn milk into chocolate, a delicacy more precious than gold.

Suddenly, the most unwanted girl in Anglund finds herself desired by all. But Emmeline only wants one-Owen Oak, a dairyman's son, whose slow smiles and lingering glances once tempted her to believe she might someday be loved for herself. But others will stop at nothing to use her gift for their own gains-no matter what the cost to Emmeline.

Magic and romance entwine in this fantastical world where true love and chocolate conquer all.

Note: Ooo she likes manga like me!!!
Sixteen-year-old Violet loves reading manga and wearing scarves made from kimono fabric, so she’s thrilled that her father’s new painting commission means a summer trip to Japan. But what starts as an exotic vacation quickly turns into a dangerous treasure hunt.

Her father’s newest clients, the Yamada family, are the victims of a high-profile art robbery: van Gogh sketches have been stolen from their home, and, until they can produce the corresponding painting, everyone's lives are in danger -- including Violet's and her father's.

Violet’s search for the missing van Gogh takes her from the Seattle Art Museum, to the yakuza-infested streets of Tokyo, to a secluded inn in Kyoto. As the mystery thickens, Violet’s not sure whom she can trust. But she knows one thing: she has to solve the mystery -- before it’s too late.

Note: The cover is gorgeous and it sounds intense! 
Julianne counts the days until she can pack her bags and leave her old-money, tradition-bound Southern town where appearance is everything and secrecy is a way of life. A piano virtuoso, she dreams of attending a prestigious music school in Boston. Failure is not an option, so she enlists the help of New England Conservatory graduate Isaac Laroche to help her. She can't understand why he suddenly gave up Boston's music scene to return to the South. He doesn't know her life depends on escaping it. Julianne must face down madness from without, just as it threatens from within. Isaac must resist an inappropriate attraction, but an indiscretion at a Mardi Gras ball-the pinnacle event for Mobile's elite-forces their present wants and needs to collide with sins of the past. Will Julianne accept the help she's offered and get everything she ever wanted, or will she self-destruct and take Isaac down with her?

I'm definitely getting Alice in Zombieland soon as my birthday gift! :) What about you all? Getting anything are really really want so badly????



8 comments:

  1. Want by: Stephanie Lawton sounds really good, along with most of the other books up there. Definitely adding them to my to-read list. :)

    P.S. I love your blog and your reviews!]

    Happy Reading,
    Kiersten(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Alice in Zomblieland so bad. I have read some of Showalter's books and they were great. I hope this one is just as good. I haven't heard of the Sweetest Spell and Tokyo Heist, but I have heard of Want because the Story Siren did a book review of it. I kind of want to read Want, but the other two don't really pique my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_o wth! i have to read The Sweetest spell! How can you do that?! lol. That was what i was like when i read the synopsis for Tokyo Hiest as well. I'm super excited for Alice in Zombieland! And i love the cover!

    Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the books that have twists on Alice in Wonderland and Alice in Zomieland sounds awesome. I really want to read The perks if being a wall flower because the movie is coming out soon!!
    -Jane :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am interested in the Alice and Wonderland retelling. I wonder if I should go and reread the original again. I have Tokyo Heist waiting for me at the library- it just came in yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the books! Thanks darling! :D
    And it was so sweet of you, putting my button on your site! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice in Zombiland, Pride and prejudice and zombies, Sense and sensibility and sea monsters.... what is next?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a lot of books likes in common I can see..Alice in Zombieland? AWESOME..seriously can you imagine the fun of illustrating that..I love the sound of the other two as well..listed them..
    My next book is Tokyo Heist and I can't WAIT to dig in!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^