Monday, August 27, 2012

Living Dead Girl

by Elizabeth Scott
Pages: 170
Format: Hardcover
Year pub: 2008
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared. Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.

Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.
Note: I actually finished this book last week. :)

I thought I wouldn't like this book. Seriously. Hey, don't blame me. I got the unluckiness of famous books that everyone just LOVES tend to be the "okay" or "I didn't like it" book to me. But I liked Living Dead Girl. And it was a wonderful book.

"Alice" (that's not her real name, you'll find out later what her real name is--don't worry), in the beginning, I really didn't like her. Only because she wanted so badly to escape that she would take someone to replace her to do so. But the more I read of her story and her survival, I del her and her emotions were so fleshed out and raw that it was all so amazing what she did to survive.

I really enjoyed the writing. It worked well with the "Once upon a time" parts. It sounded painful and maybe even poetic. I felt like I was walking in my nightmare and I wasn't waking up until I put down the book and rest, do something, then back into the nightmare I go.

Living Dead Girl can be summed up as beautiful, painful, heart-wrenching, and hopeful, all the while a powerful, heart-felt read. 




My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. Great review Delaney! This book looks really nightmare-ish yet really beautiful!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the review in the first place, Grace! You're definitely right about that.

      Delete
  2. Living Dead Girl can be summed up as beautiful, painful, heart-wrenching, and hopeful, all the while a powerful, heart-felt read.

    I totally agree, my heart really went out to this girl and it scared the shit outta me cause stuff like this really does happen.
    GReat review!
    Follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one too I liked it!

    Lectus
    I read, therefore I am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful review, Delaney! <3 I read this book so looong time ago but I still can remember how scared I was. This is a very disturbing book which left me with strange feeling. I'm so excited that you love this book too! x) Hehe, I have same problems with hype books. I always feel like apologizing whenever I don't like books that everyone loves! xD

    You should read Stolen by Lucy Christopher too! It has the same nightmarish yet captivating atmosphere! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks reading my review, Hilda! I'll check out that book!

      Delete
  5. Nice review, Delaney! I really want to read this now. It seems like a very emotional book !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! You should definitely pick this up. Like-uh-RIGHT NOW! XD JK just pick up, I don't think you'll regret it. :)

      Delete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^