Thursday, July 19, 2012

Waiting to Devour #2

Oh gosh! I think I love this because the girl is so bad-ass and reapers! I think I will definitely enjoy it.

Fed up with her wild behavior, sixteen-year-old Lex's parents ship her off to upstate New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort's true occupation is much dirtier than shoveling manure. He's a Grim Reaper. And he's going to teach Lex the family business. She quickly assimilates into the peculiar world of Croak, a town populated by reapers who deliver souls from this life to the next. But Lex can't stop her desire for justice--or is it vengeance?--whenever she encounters a murder victim, craving to stop the attackers before they can strike again. Will she ditch Croak and go rogue with her reaper skills?
And this one! I loved the Artemis Fowl series and I think I'll cry that the last book is out and I haven't read it and I need to and I'm going to miss all the characters. TT.TT

Seemingly nothing in this world daunts the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. In the fairy world, however, there is a small thing that has gotten under his skin on more than one occasion: Opal Koboi. In The Last Guardian, the evil pixie is wreaking havoc yet again. This time his arch rival has somehow reanimated dead fairy warriors who were buried in the grounds of Fowl Manor. Their spirits have possessed Artemis’s little brothers, making his siblings even more annoying than usual. The warriors don’t seem to realize that the battle they were fighting when they died—a battle against Artemis—is long over. Artemis has until sunrise to get the spirits to vacate his brothers and go back into the earth where they belong. Can he count on a certain LEPrecon fairy to join him in what could well be his last stand? 
New York Times best-selling author and comic genius Eoin Colfer will leave Artemis Fowl fans gasping up to the very end of this thrilling finale to the blockbuster series.
Since I LOVED <3 The Year of Secret Assignments, I think I'll love this as well. 

The first in a rousing, funny, genre-busting trilogy from bestseller Jaclyn Moriarty!

This is a tale of missing persons. Madeleine and her mother have run away from their former life, under mysterious circumstances, and settled in a rainy corner of Cambridge (in our world). 
Elliot, on the other hand, is in search of his father, who disappeared on the night his uncle was found dead. The talk in the town of Bonfire (in the Kingdom of Cello) is that Elliot's dad may have killed his brother and run away with the Physics teacher. But Elliot refuses to believe it. And he is determined to find both his dad and the truth. 
As Madeleine and Elliot move closer to unraveling their mysteries, they begin to exchange messages across worlds -- through an accidental gap that hasn't appeared in centuries. But even greater mysteries are unfolding on both sides of the gap: dangerous weather phenomena called "color storms;" a strange fascination with Isaac Newton; the myth of the "Butterfly Child," whose appearance could end the droughts of Cello; and some unexpected kisses...

Love,
Delaney

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Artemis Fowl. Must get this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Croak on my shelves, somewhere. I love the cover, but haven't felt like reading it. Don't know why, just my mood I guess. And it keeps getting shoved further and further down as new books get released. It might turn into one of those books I don't get to until book #2 in the series comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Croak is a fun and very entertaining read! Oh my, I love Artemis Fowl! He's such an evil genius. :P A Corner of White has such lovely cover! I need to check out that book. :)

    Anyway, I love pile of books! I know that I keep making stacks of books, but there's just something relaxing and incredibly wonderful about looking of unread pile of books, right? ;) Although it may become like a threat sometimes, when I'm not in the mood to read a book hehe! I agree, Delaney, the books you showed are definitely a must-get ones! xD

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^