Friday, July 6, 2012

Entwined


by Heather Dixon
Pages: 472
Format: Hardcover
Year pub: 2011
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

This book is magical and a re-telling of the 12 dancing princesses story. Heather Dixon told it in 3rd person but you were very connected to Azalea, the heroine. Azalea is the eldest of all 12 sisters and the names are alphabetical from A-L. She isn't like your average, wait and see what is going to happen, kind of princess. She is graceful but plays the part of helping her sisters a lot and trying to keep them safe. The whole background of the magical Pavilion that all the sisters go to at night time is very magical! How Heather Dixon described there were decorations that I could capture so vividly. 

The book was set in the Victorian time and you can tell that it is just by how Heather Dixon wrote it. I really liked the part where Azalea was trapped because she refused a dance with the Keeper, it felt like something out of a movie! All of the characters played a role and each one had a different personality like real life people besides clones of each other. They each had a mood that came and when their dialogue went and gone and you can still tell who spoke whatever part. 

Ending of this book was so SWEET and ADORABLE!!! I really liked how the relationship of the princesses and their father, King (as they call him), grew and you can really tell that even though the King is hard on them, he still loved them, but didn't know how to show it. Some parts of this book I actually laughed out loud. I liked how it wasn't mainly about the romance but more into the magical type place.

The dances that Heather Dixon named where so amazing. I wonder if they are real dances. I think I liked the Entwine the best where there is a sash. I think I know why the title is how it is. Read this book, and you'll know what I'm talking about. 



My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I loooove this book and hope I can get my hands on it soon! I have been waiting for it at my library forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is SO gorgeous... ugh my library doesn't have it! And I'm actually glad it's told in 3rd Person. It'll be refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try to find it! It's very interesting

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to read this book.
    Thank you for folllowing me and I followed you back

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^