Sunday, July 8, 2012

Waiting to Devour #1

I really, really, weally, want to read this book! It doesn't come out until August :( . Wahhh! Let's go cry to mommy, now. *cries* TT.TT

It's all about supply and demand when a high school deals with the sudden exodus of male students.   
The boy recession has hit Julius P. Heil High, and the remaining boys find that their stock is on the rise: With little competition, even the most unlikely guys have a good chance at making the team and getting the girl. Guitar-strumming, class-skipping Hunter Fahrenbach never wanted to be a hot commodity, but the popular girls can't help but notice his unconventional good looks. With a little work, he might even by boyfriend material. 
But for down-to-earth Kelly Robbins, the boy recession is causing all sorts of problems. She has secretly liked her good friend Hunter for a while now, but how can she stand out in a crowd of overzealous Spandexers? 
As if dating wasn't hard enough without a four-to-one ratio!
Guys in need! Girls population rising up! The thought of the skipping school Hunter got me already. Actually the title got me! I read the first three chapters alternating between Kelly and Hunter and I just want the book already. Three chapters aren't enough!!!

And I need to read these before watching the movies:
Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor.This haunting novel about the dilemma of passivity vs. passion marks the stunning debut of a provocative voice in contemporary fiction: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This is the story of what it’s like to grow up in high school. More intimate than a diary, Charlie's letters are singular and unique, hilarious and devastating. We may not know where he lives. We may not know to whom he is writing. All we know is the world he shares. Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it puts him on a strange course through uncharted territory. The world of first dates and mixed tapes, family dramas and new friends. The world of sex, drugs, andThe Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. Through Charlie, Stephen Chbosky has created a deeply affecting coming-of-age story, a powerful novel that will spirit you back to those wild and poignant roller coaster days known as growing up.
And I saw the trailer. I shouldn't have but I was tempted and...it got the best of me. Yeah, that's my excuse.  The trailer was great but I bet the book will be better. I'm getting it soon at the library.
It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who’s just walked in to his band’s show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City—and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date. 
This he said/she said romance told by YA stars Rachel Cohn and David Levithan is a sexy, funny roller coaster of a story about one date over one very long night, with two teenagers, both recovering from broken hearts, who are just trying to figure out who they want to be—and where the next great band is playing.
Told in alternating chapters, teeming with music references, humor, angst, and endearing side characters, this is a love story you’ll wish were your very own. Working together for the first time, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have combined forces to create a book that is sure to grab readers of all ages and never let them go.

I checked out the trailer and it looks HIL-AR-IOUS! But I don't want to watch then read because that's not the way it works. Besides, I've read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares and I loved how Rachel Cohn and David Levithan wrote it! So, why not?


Well that's all--oh yeah--and I'm going to be trying to do something I thought of called Food Love and it's going to be on Wednesday where I pretty much talk about a specific food and more will come once it is Wednesday! 


Lookie I edited the picture and I think it looks great! Don't you?
Well then, have a good day and check out those books. If you have, did you enjoy them?



2 comments:

  1. Ahh these look like really good books! Adding to my reading list...

    -- Star.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^