Saturday, May 26, 2012

How to Say Goodbye in Robot

by: Natalie Standiford
Pages: 276
Format: Hardcover
Year pub: 2009
Publisher: Scholastic Press
From bestselling author Natalie Standiford, an amazing, touching story of two friends navigating the dark waters of their senior year.

New to town, Beatrice is expecting her new best friend to be one of the girls she meets on the first day. But instead, the alphabet conspires to seat her next to Jonah, aka Ghost Boy, a quiet loner who hasn't made a new friend since third grade. Something about him, though, gets to Bea, and soon they form an unexpected friendship. It's not romance, exactly - but it's definitely love. Still, Bea can't quite dispel Jonah's gloom and doom - and as she finds out his family history, she understands why. Can Bea help Jonah? Or is he destined to vanish?
If anyone is going to compare this book to any other book I will definitely punch them. You know why? Because this book is nothing like how I thought it would be. Nothing like how I thought it would end. Nothing like how it would come to. 

Bea moves to a new place and finds friends but there she meets the ghostly Ghost Boy, Jonah Tates. 

Beatrice she was wonderful. Nicknamed Robot Girl on the Night Light radio show, she covered up emotions. And I was on her side right away. Jonah (AKA Ghost Boy) I loved him! The minute that Robot Girl met him, i loved him. He just felt so real, someone you could find in every school. At least one person who is the outcast, the loner. Every character was enjoyable, they felt real with a few cuss words here and there and Bea's crazy mom and professor dad. Tom Garber(y?) and his girlfriend statuses. 

The idea of the Night Lights with people calling was interesting and I really enjoyed all of them. From Larry to Myra to Herb to all the others that called in. It really set something there. 

And you know what? The ending!!!! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why did Jonah?!!!! Just... WAHHHHH!!!!!! That must have been the shocker of the life time. If looking for a happy kind of ending, look away, this ones for something that i get to enjoy, finally, sit down, and read, learning of Ghost Boy and Robot Girl.  I just...I just....it just totally tore my heart out and in my mind, she does see him again.  



My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment, it always makes my day! ^^